Please be advised that we will no longer pick up donations.
Drop-off donations are being accepted at our 1010 Craigflower and 2784 Claude Rd between 10am-4pm. Capacity is limited and we are not accepting any donations of furniture.
We are proud of our multiple locations across the Greater Victoria area. Each store has a unique look and feel, wonderful and committed staff, and a large and varied selection of donated goods. Find anything from clothes, household items, electronics including TVs and game consoles, to furniture, antique merchandise, and hundred-year-old literature!
Donations can be dropped off at any store from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm. This allows the staff time to clear and sort the loading area before closing at 5:00 pm. At peak times throughout the month, the donations drop-off area may be closed due to excess drop-offs on that particular day. If you have a large amount to drop off it is best to phone the store in advance. Larger items can be accepted at the Tillicum/Craigflower store location.
Please note we cannot accept donations of goods at our Administration office.
The Society always needs:
- Pots, pans, dishes, and cutlery
- Good blankets and clean pillows
- Dressers and bookcases
- Men’s & children’s jackets
- Men's clothing
- Tools, both gardening and hardware
- Wool and material for making things
Some additional items the Society does accept:
- Clean clothing in all sizes
- Single, double and queen beds and metal bed frames in excellent condition (no stains or tears)
- Household goods
- Miscellaneous goods and sporting equipment
Small appliances, clean and in good working order
- Small furniture
- Camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, backpacks etc)
- Newer flat-screen TVs and DVD/Bluray players in excellent working order
Some of the items the Society does NOT accept:
In accordance with the Government of Canada's guidelines on second-hand items, the Society cannot accept donations of certain items, as follows:
- Baby items including bassinets, cribs, cradles, infant bath rings or bath seats, car seats, booster seats, high chairs, playpens, strollers, or carriages
- Loose-fitting children's sleepwear made of cotton, cotton blends, or rayon, or tight-fitting children's sleepwear made of rayon
- Children's robes with belts unless firmly sewed onto the back, or any children's clothing with drawstrings
- Toy boxes without ventilation or a strongly hinged lid
- Toys for children under 3 years with small parts or sharp edges, loose pieces, rough wooden edges, or peeling paint
- Toys with magnets that can fall out
- Children's jewelry
- Used helmets of any type or cages/protectors for hockey helmets
- Unsealed cosmetics or any cosmetics past their expiry date
- Window blinds (curtains and drapes are accepted)
- Microwaves without original instructions in French and English
- Personal stereo systems without original instructions (volume control must work)
- Tanning equipment
- Unframed mirrors with sharp edges
- Unsealed cleaning, industrial, or automotive products, or any of these products which are past their expiry date
- Elevator equipment
- Portable bed rails
The Society will also not accept the following items:
- Ripped, stained, faded, or excessively worn items
- Sofa beds, sectional or reclining couches, or large couches
- King size beds, hospital beds, or electric beds
- China cabinets, buffets, hutches, or large desks
- Large exercise equipment
- Replica toy guns
- Vaping products, pipes or bongs, or marijuana growing equipment
- Homemade CDs, DVDs, or computer discs
All donations will be accepted only at the discretion of Society staff upon viewing the items. We ask that you respect this, as our standards enable us to continue offering quality items at a reasonable price. If you have any questions about items for donation, please call the Administration Office at 250-727-0007.
2784 Claude Road
Victoria , BC V9B 3T6
Mon - Sat: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Donations can be dropped off from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm. This allows the staff time to clear and sort the loading area before closing. At peak time throughout the month the donations drop offs may be closed due to excess drop offs on that particular day.
1010 Craigflower Road
Victoria , BC V9A 2Y1
Mon - Sat: 10:00am - 4:00pm