Early Childhood Educator (ECE)
We have a rewarding opportunity for a new Early Childhood Educator (ECE) to join their Mary’s Place Childcare team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Mary’s Place Program Manager, the ECE will work as part of a collaborative team to provide quality, caring, and supportive childcare programming to young children in a group setting.
Have you been looking for an ideal role that will allow you to make a meaningful contribution in the day to day lives of young children, their families, and the community? Are you an enthusiastic personality who enjoys working with children and providing a fun, safe and educational environment for them to learn? If this sounds like you, then this position may be the perfect opportunity for you to continue the development of your skills and techniques in early child development while truly making a difference working with this incredible organization!
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the full Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/early-childhood-educator/.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary of $23.06 - $25.16/hour commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually
- Participation in the ECE wage enhancement program offering an additional $4.00 per hour
- Group Insurance, including a medical and dental benefit plan (cost-sharing)
- Pension plan
- Support for continuing professional development
- 14 stats including Easter Monday, Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful community enterprise
Our ideal Early Childcare Educator brings the following:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education required; Infant/Toddler preferred
- Current BC License to Practice, required
- A minimum of 1 year of recent relevant experience working in an Early Childhood Centre with specialized knowledge in programs for infants and toddlers
- First Aid Certification – Standard CPR, required
- Experience working with children with cognitive and physical disabilities and the community supports an asset
- General office management skills an asset
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Understanding of The Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
- Knowledge of the issues that affect children and their families
- Demonstrated adherence to the ECE BC Code of Ethics
- Ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with children, parents, caregivers and community members
- Accountable with an ability to work effectively in collaboration with others
- Mary’s Place is under a Public Health Order (PHO). All applicants must be fully vaccinated as defined by the PHO
- A criminal record check including a Ministry of Justice Vulnerable Sector Clearance Letter is required prior to hiring.
About Society of Saint Vincent de Paul:
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island has been supporting people in need on Vancouver Island since 1916. Focused on impacting the lives of people affected by poverty, the Society offers emergency relief services while maintaining a focus and commitment to addressing the root causes that contribute to poverty in our communities. Through a variety of programs, the Society provides support through affordable housing, a food pantry, home visit program, day program for persons with developmental disabilities and thrift stores providing clothing and household items to those in need, to name a few.
Society St. Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. They welcome applicants of all race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. They believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and they look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to their team.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to view the Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/early-childhood-educator/ and to submit a covering letter, resume, and salary expectations to TallSky Consulting.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.