The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul has an interesting opportunity for an Accountant to join their financial team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Director of Finance the Accountant will become a key member of the finance team responsible for the day-to-day financial processing of accounting data as it is received by the Finance Department. The role offers an amazing learning experience working with a diverse portfolio of business units that offer programs and services in the community and across Vancouver Island, including housing, daycare facilities, food banks, tax preparation clinics, outreach and support.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work within a community organization that offers more than the traditional finance reporting and analysis of a financial role? If you are looking for a position that will provide you with the space to learn, share knowledge and experience, and have fun while creating and supporting organizational change and efficiencies, this is the opportunity for you!
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the full Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/accountant-3/
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary of $60,000 to $67,000 commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually
- Employer paid Group Insurance, including a medical and dental benefit plan
- Pension plan
- Support for continuing professional development
- Hybrid remote and in-office working conditions
- 14 stats including Easter Monday, Christmas Eve, and Boxing day
- Standard hours. We value your work-life balance and family/community time
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful social enterprise
Our ideal Accountant brings the following:
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent combination of related training or experience required
- Pursuing a CPA designation an asset
- A minimum of 1 year of recent bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Proficiency in MS Office with intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Experience with Sage 50 or Xero considered and asset
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting standards and proficiency in accounting and financial functions and analysis
- Highly organized and able to effectively manage and prioritize a multitude of tasks in a demanding environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail, confidentiality of financial information and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, and ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative professional team
- Demonstrate good judgement, with a desire to learn and excel
About Society of Saint Vincent de Paul:
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island has been supporting people in need on Vancouver Island since 1916. Focused on impacting the lives of people affected by poverty, the Society offers emergency relief services while maintaining a focus and commitment to addressing the root causes that contribute to poverty in our communities. Through a variety of programs, the Society provides support through affordable housing, a food pantry, home visit program, community inclusion program for persons with developmental disabilities and thrift stores providing clothing and household items to those in need, to name a few.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. They welcome applicants of every race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. They believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and they look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to their team.
How to Apply:
We encourage you to review the Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/accountant-3/ and then forward a resume that clearly outlines how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role to TallSky Consulting.
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted