Housing Support Services Coordinator
We have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic and compassionate Housing Support Services Coordinator (Coordinator) to join the Support Services team at Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island (SSVP) in Victoria, BC. In this part-time, contract position the Coordinator will report to the Housing Support Services Program Manager, and work as part of a team providing support and services to residents at SSVP Yates street building – a 43-unit housing development serving single residents in the downtown core.
In this meaningful role you will utilize your robust knowledge of local community resources and programs and your positive and friendly attitude to support housing residents in goal setting, connecting them to internal and external resources, setting long-term plans for successful transition to permanent housing, and empowering them to co-create a community model that serves their collective needs and supports long-term sustainability.
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the full Job Description.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary of $26.55 – $28.38 per hour commensurate with your experience, reviewed annually.
- An additional 5.86% in lieu of benefits (payable on each pay cheque and subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law)
- Support for continuing professional development
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful community enterprise.
Our ideal Housing Support Services Coordinator brings:
- A degree or diploma in Social Work, Human Services, or related field (completed or in progress)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with vulnerable populations
- Previous experience working within a housing environment an asset
- Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector is required
- Successful completion of a criminal record check required
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Strong knowledge of local community resources and programs
- Crisis intervention skills with well-developed problem-solving abilities
- Ability to read, discern and understand the Residential Tenancy Act
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player who can work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure and with competing priorities
About Society of Saint Vincent de Paul:
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island has been supporting people in need on Vancouver Island since 1916. Focused on impacting the lives of people affected by poverty, the Society offers emergency relief services while maintaining a focus and commitment to addressing the root causes that contribute to poverty in our communities. Through a variety of programs, the Society provides support through affordable housing, a food pantry, home visit program, community inclusion program for persons with developmental disabilities and thrift stores providing clothing and household items to those in need, to name a few.
Society of St. Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. They welcome applicants of every race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. They believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and they look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to their team.
How to Apply:
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions, and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.