Manager of Childcare Services
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island, has a rewarding opportunity for a new Childcare Manager to join their collaborative childcare team at Mary’s Place in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Childcare Manager is responsible for developing, delivering, and managing quality, caring, and supportive childcare programs while ensuring a safe and developmentally appropriate environment for the children of families living at Rosalie’s Village and the surrounding community.
Are you looking for an opportunity to put your collaborative leadership skills to use and make a meaningful difference in the day to day lives of young children, their families, and the community? Are you a dynamic and enthusiastic manager who enjoys motivating and developing their team members and leads by example? If this sounds like you, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to contribute and truly make a difference with this amazing organization.
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the full Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/childcare-manager/
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary of $31.06 - $32.71 per hour commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually
- Group Insurance, including a medical and dental benefit plan (cost-sharing)
- Pension plan
- Support for continuing professional development
- 14 stats including Easter Monday, Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful community enterprise
Our ideal Childcare Manager brings the following:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education with Infant/Toddler preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of recent Childcare Centre management including the direct management and supervision of staff and budgets
- Current BC License to practice required
- Valid First Aid Certification – Infant CPR required
- Experience with documentation in accordance with Community Care Facilities Branch licensing requirements
- Experience working with special needs children and the community support programs available
- Experience with childcare subsidies and grants
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite and general office management
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- An understanding of the issues that affect children and their families
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with children, parents, and community members
- Demonstrated adherence to the ECE BC Code of Ethics
- Accountable with the ability to lead effectively in collaboration with others
- Ministry of Justice Criminal Record Check clearance letter is required prior to hiring
- Mary’s Place is under a Public Health Order (PHO). All applicants must be fully vaccinated as defined by the PHO.
About Society of Saint Vincent de Paul:
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island has been supporting people in need on Vancouver Island since 1916. Focused on impacting the lives of people affected by poverty, the Society offers emergency relief services while maintaining a focus and commitment to addressing the root causes that contribute to poverty in our communities. Through a variety of programs, the Society provides support through affordable housing, a food pantry, home visit program, day program for persons with developmental disabilities and thrift stores providing clothing and household items to those in need, to name a few.
Society St. Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. They welcome applicants of all race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. They believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and they look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to their team.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to view the Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/childcare-manager/ and to submit a resume that clearly outlines how your experience meets the requirements of this role to TallSky Consulting.
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions, and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.