Director of Finance and Administration
On behalf of our client, Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island, we have an exciting new opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Director of Finance and Administration to join their senior leadership team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Finance and Administration, will lead the financial management efforts of the Society, and be responsible for overseeing all financial operations, risk management, administrative functions, and Information Technology. As the leader of a diverse team, the Director of Finance and Administration will contribute to the decision-making relating to the Society’s strategy and operations including direction and hands-on team management, as well as the continual improvement of day-to-day financial operations and administration systems.
Our ideal candidate will bring a CPA designation, with a solid background in finance leadership, and a passion for our mission. They will have a proven track record of strategic management achievements within the non-profit sector.
Do you excel at leading teams to achieve objectives and enjoy mentoring individuals for growth and development? Do you thrive in a dynamic and diverse environment? Are you looking for that opportunity where you play a pivotal role in ensuring the financial health and sustainability of an organization that strives to make a positive difference in the community? Are you an experienced financial leader looking to make a meaningful impact and give back? If this sounds like you, this may be the perfect opportunity for you to contribute and truly make a difference with this amazing organization!
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary commensurate with your experience, reviewed annually.
- Employer paid Group Insurance, including a medical and dental benefit plan.
- Pension plan.
- Support for continuing professional development.
- Hybrid working conditions.
- 14 stats including Easter Monday, Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day.
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful community enterprise.
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. We welcome applicants of all race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and we look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to our team. We thank you for your interest and look forward to reviewing your application.
Our ideal Director of Finance and Administration brings the following:
- University degree in Business, Accounting, or equivalent with a CPA designation required.
- Minimum 5 years of recent financial experience in the not-for-profit sector is preferred, an equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset
- Strong project management experience
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to discuss financial issues in a language suitable to the audience.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that build effective teams, motivate key employees, inspire confidence in others, coach and encourage success.
- Ability to be build relationships, seek resolution in conflict and be effective in stressful situations.
- Initiative and proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in a demanding environment, managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Participating in meetings, conferences, and other program related activities might involve long workdays, and/or evening/weekend work.
How to Apply:
We encourage you to review the Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/director-of-finance-and-administration/ and then forward a resume clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role to TallSky Consulting.
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions, and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.