Mary's Place Childcare Centre
Operated by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island, Mary's Place Childcare Centre opened in 2017 and is an infant to preschool program located in Royal Oak, Victoria. The program is licensed for 12 children from infants to 33 months and 24 children from 3 to 5 years of age.
- Children: Are entitled to a safe and nurturing environment with a schedule of routines that best meet the individual needs of each child in our care. Each child is treated with respect as a valuable individual.
- Parents: Are entitled to individual respect, support and quality care for their children.
- Staff: Are entitled to work in an environment which recognizes and respects their training, skills and commitment to child care.
- Centre: Enhances the lives of the children and their parents by providing a caring and supportive service.
Goals of Mary's Place
- Provide support for the development of the whole child (physically, socially, emotionally, cognitively, and spiritually) recognizing specific cultural diversity
- Provide support to the young mothers of Rosalie’s Village with their plan to independence for themselves and their children
- Provide children with a safe respectful environment
- Provide the children with consistent, quality care
- Provide developmentally appropriate challenges
- Model age appropriate expectations
- Provide consistent and clear discipline and guidance methods
Childcare personnel adhere to Community Care Licensing Regulations Part 4 Division 1 Section 44 and Schedule G regarding programming and adhere to the Mission and Mandate of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
Mary’s Place supports and supplements parental care for children in a quality setting. The program supports the right of all children, regardless of their diverse abilities, to participate actively in a natural setting with their community. Our caregiving philosophy is based on respect. Each child’s natural pace and level of development is supported. Each child is encouraged to learn about his/her world through play and become a self-learner.
Communication, cooperation and respect between Educators and parents is considered essential to the well-being of all the children, with the goal of ensuring consistent care and consideration of the unique needs of each infant and family.
Children feel safe when their lives are predictable. Developmentally, they do not understand the concept of time passing so they measure their lives by the order of events in it. Creating a stable routine helps children to make sense of their world and develop a sense of security. Daily, weekly, and monthly routines will be part of the childcare program as well as special events throughout the year. A monthly calendar will be set for each program of upcoming activities.
Each Centre schedule is based on the needs and developmental level of the children who attend it. While the schedules differ slightly each room contains similar components to follow good practice, as well as meet licensing standards.
For more information contact: Mary’s Place Childcare Manager at 250-727-0007 or firstname.lastname@example.org