Human Resources Manager
On behalf of our client, Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island, we are searching for a dedicated and experienced professional to join their team, as the Human Resources Manager in Victoria, BC. Under the support and leadership of the Executive Director, the Human Resources Manager will be an integral part of their senior leadership team, offering comprehensive human resources support to the Society. They will serve as a trusted advisor and collaborator, championing the implementation of best practices and providing guidance to leaders and team members. This role encompasses a wide range of human resources functions, including policy development, employee and labor relations, recruitment, onboarding, training and development, performance management, and effective employee communications.
If you are a dynamic human resources professional passionate about making a positive impact, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity! Not looking for a full-time role? Let’s talk!
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/human-resources-manager/.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary of $65,000 to $70,000 per annum for full-time, commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually.
- Group Insurance, including a medical and dental benefit plan (cost-sharing).
- Pension plan.
- A flexible work environment with a generous wellness program.
- Support for continuing professional development.
- 14 stats including Easter Monday, Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day.
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful community enterprise.
Our ideal Human Resources Manager brings the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a combination of education and human resources experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 3 years of recent human resources management experience in the not-for-profit sector or social enterprise setting is preferred.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) candidate or designation an asset.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Knowledge of BC Employment Standards Act and other applicable legislation (e.g., Human Rights Code, WorkSafe legislation).
- Demonstrated leadership skills that build effective teams, motivate key employees, inspire confidence in others, coach and encourage success.
- Ability to build relationships, seek resolution in conflict and be effective in stressful situations.
- Maintains a high degree of discretion, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated customer service focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and meaningfully with diverse teams and individuals.
- Adept at managing tasks, planning events, and balancing priorities.
- Exceptional communication both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with health & safety programs, policies, and procedures.
- Strong collaborative and relationship-building skills.
About Society of Saint Vincent de Paul:
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island has been supporting people in need on Vancouver Island since 1916. Focused on impacting the lives of people affected by poverty, the Society offers emergency relief services while maintaining a focus and commitment to addressing the root causes that contribute to poverty in our communities. Through a variety of programs, the Society provides support through affordable housing, a food pantry, home visit program, day program for persons with developmental disabilities and thrift stores providing clothing and household items to those in need, to name a few.
Society St. Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. They welcome applicants of all races, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. They believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and they look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to their team.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to view the Job Description at https://tallsky.ca/job/human-resources-manager/ and to submit a resume that clearly outlines your related experience and skills to TallSky Consulting.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.